Search for messages in Yahoo Mail
Find emails, attachments, photos, and calendar invites by using the search feature in Yahoo Mail. Use a few search terms or an advanced search to locate harder to find items.
- Basic search - Enter keywords in the top search bar, then click the Search icon .
- Search by sender - When viewing a list of emails, hover your mouse over an email and click the Search icon .
Find messages in Yahoo Mail from a specific sender by searching the name of the sender, subject, content and refine the results to folders, date range, subject field, and more.
- In the top search bar, click the Advanced Search .
- Enter your search criteria (result only show for the field you enter).
- Optionally, limit by folder, date, attachment, photos or calendar invites.
- Search in - click the drop-down arrow and select the folder you want.
- From - enter an email address or username you received an email from.
- To - enter an email address or username you sent an email to.
- Subject - type a subject of an email.
- Keyword - it will show up the emails containig your keyword.
- Date - click the drop-down arrow .
- Click Search.